By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Suara News PapuaSuara News PapuaSuara News Papua
Reading: Police comb forests looking for Makassar residents who were victims of the KKB attack in Yahukimo
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Suara News PapuaSuara News Papua
Font ResizerAa
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Keamanan dan Ketertiban

Police comb forests looking for Makassar residents who were victims of the KKB attack in Yahukimo

SuaraNews Papua
Last updated: 26 Oktober 2023 09:32
SuaraNews Papua 3 tahun ago
Share
SHARE

Timika – A number of civilians, one of whom is a resident of Makassar, South Sulawesi (Sulsel), who was the victim of an attack by an armed criminal group (KKB) led by Egianus Kogoya in Yahukimo Regency, Papua Mountains, are still missing. The police are now expanding the search area into the forest.

“We are still carrying out re-combing. Because the forest is dense, you could get lost inside,” said Head of the Peace Cartenz Public Relations Task Force, AKBP Bayu Suseno, Tuesday (24/10/2023).

The KKB attack led by Egianus Kogoya occurred in Kali I, Seradala District, Yahukimo on Monday (16/10). 7 people died and 45 others managed to survive, while a number of people are known to still be missing today.

“The survivors are all at the police station, we have provided a place to rest, food and treatment for the injured,” he said.

Of the 7 victims who died, 6 of them came from South Sulawesi (Sulsel), namely Udin, Maun, Ardi, Hendra, Appe and Siger. Meanwhile, another victim named Anju came from North Sumatra (North Sumatra).

Meanwhile, Kaops Peace Cartenz Kombes Faizal Ramadhani said that there was contact when the authorities were about to carry out the evacuation process. The firefight lasted 90 minutes.

“When we arrived at the crime scene, we were disturbed by gunfire and there was gunfire for 1 hour 30 minutes,” said Commissioner Faizal Ramadhani in his statement, Tuesday (17/10).

As previously reported, one of the victims of the KKB attack who came from Makassar named Rakib Natsir has still not been found.

You Might Also Like

Bripda Jhon Galu Situmorang Injured in Shooting in Tolikara, Operation Peace Cartenz Task Force Develops Investigation

Hasil Gelar Perkara, Satgas Kepolisian Operasi Damai Cartenz dan Polres Yahukimo Kembangkan Penegakan Hukum Kasus Pembunuhan Bripka Anumerta Fredy Lukas Awes

Satgas Kepolisian Operasi Damai Cartenz Respons Gangguan Tembakan di Polsek Asologaima, Situasi Kembali Aman

Personnel of Operation Peace Cartenz-2026 Equip Themselves with Health Education, Forms of Concern for Member Readiness and Welfare

Tokoh Pemuda Tabi Ajak Masyarakat Jaga Kondusivitas Jelang Penyampaian Aspirasi

TAGGED: Police comb forests looking for Makassar residents who were victims of the KKB attack in Yahukimo
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Polisi Sisir Hutan Cari Warga Makassar Korban Serangan KKB di Yahukimo
Next Article 24 Orang Meninggal Akibat Kelaparan, Polda Papua Bersama Pemda Yahukimo Tetapkan Status Darurat
© {year} Suaranewspapua.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?