By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Suara News PapuaSuara News PapuaSuara News Papua
Reading: Avoiding the KKB Terror, Residents of a Number of Villages Flee to the Kenyam District
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Suara News PapuaSuara News Papua
Font ResizerAa
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Hukum&Kriminal

Avoiding the KKB Terror, Residents of a Number of Villages Flee to the Kenyam District

SuaraNews Papua
Last updated: 16 April 2023 14:21
SuaraNews Papua 3 tahun ago
Share
SHARE

Jayapura – Papua Police Chief Inspector General Mathius Fakhiri admitted that the exodus of residents from a number of villages in Nduga to Kenyam, the district capital, was due to fear of being terrorized by an armed criminal group (KKB).

Inspector General Fakhiri said that the TNI/Polri together with the Nduga Regency Government had asked residents to temporarily reside in Kenyam to anticipate security disturbances.

This was carried out in line with efforts to free the Susi Air pilot who was held hostage by the KKB.

However, the two-star general of the National Police denied that residents had been forced to leave their villages.

Faakhiri said that the community left the village for Kenyam because they were aware that they were afraid of being disturbed by the KKB, which often carried out terror attacks.

He said the people were afraid, so they walked for several days before being helped by the security forces.

“KKB members also often disturb the community so that they experience fear,” said Inspector General Faakhiri.

According to him, the needs of the people of a number of villages in Kenyam are assisted by the Nduga Regency Government, Papua Mountains Province.

Regarding the efforts to free pilot Susi Air who is a New Zealand national, Inspector General Fakhiri said that currently rescue efforts are continuing with the involvement of local community leaders.

“Hopefully in the near future he will be released in good health,” said Inspector General Fahiri.

Susi Air pilot Philip has been held hostage by the KKB since February 7 after landing his plane in Paro, Nduga Regency.

You Might Also Like

Case Review Results: Task Force Operation Peace Cartenz and Yahukimo Police Develop Law Enforcement in the Murder Case of the Late Bripka Anumerta Fredy Lukas Awes

Hasil Gelar Perkara, Satgas Kepolisian Operasi Damai Cartenz dan Polres Yahukimo Kembangkan Penegakan Hukum Kasus Pembunuhan Bripka Anumerta Fredy Lukas Awes

Jayapura Community Figures Condemn Violent Actions at the Baliem Valley Cultural Festival

Tokoh Masyarakat Jayapura Kecam Aksi Kekerasan di Festival Budaya Lembah Baliem

Kecam Pembunuhan Warga Sipil di Yahukimo, Tokoh Papua Serukan Perlindungan Warga Sipil dan Penegakan Hukum

TAGGED: Avoiding the KKB Terror, Residents of a Number of Villages Flee to the Kenyam District
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Hindari Teror KKB, Warga Sejumlah Kampung Mengungsi ke Distrik Kenyam
Next Article Kasatgas Humas Ops Damai Cartenz : Tidak Ada Kontak Tembak Antara Brimob Polri Dan KKB Di Nduga
© {year} Suaranewspapua.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?