Timika – A number of civilians, one of whom is a resident of Makassar, South Sulawesi (Sulsel), who was the victim of an attack by an armed criminal group (KKB) led by Egianus Kogoya in Yahukimo Regency, Papua Mountains, are still missing. The police are now expanding the search area into the forest.
“We are still carrying out re-combing. Because the forest is dense, you could get lost inside,” said Head of the Peace Cartenz Public Relations Task Force, AKBP Bayu Suseno, Tuesday (24/10/2023).
The KKB attack led by Egianus Kogoya occurred in Kali I, Seradala District, Yahukimo on Monday (16/10). 7 people died and 45 others managed to survive, while a number of people are known to still be missing today.
“The survivors are all at the police station, we have provided a place to rest, food and treatment for the injured,” he said.
Of the 7 victims who died, 6 of them came from South Sulawesi (Sulsel), namely Udin, Maun, Ardi, Hendra, Appe and Siger. Meanwhile, another victim named Anju came from North Sumatra (North Sumatra).
Meanwhile, Kaops Peace Cartenz Kombes Faizal Ramadhani said that there was contact when the authorities were about to carry out the evacuation process. The firefight lasted 90 minutes.
“When we arrived at the crime scene, we were disturbed by gunfire and there was gunfire for 1 hour 30 minutes,” said Commissioner Faizal Ramadhani in his statement, Tuesday (17/10).
As previously reported, one of the victims of the KKB attack who came from Makassar named Rakib Natsir has still not been found.