Mimika – After the terror attack by the KKB, residents in the Paro District, Nduga Regency, exodus or left their hometown in droves.
Dozens of residents including children and residents who were sick were evacuated to the Kenyam district, the capital of Nduga Regency. Residents felt scared and protected themselves after the KKB terror attack burned a Susi Air plane and threatened 15 construction workers in Paro District.
The Head of the Cartenz Peaceful Ops Public Relations Task Force 2023 Kombes Pol Donny Charles Go, SIK, when interviewed by the media crew, confirmed this.
“Many people fled from Paro District. Then from escaping, the people were tired and hungry on the way, so we, the Joint Team (TNI-POLRI) of the Cartenz Damai Task Force, had to provide food assistance in addition to evacuating our elderly people, women and children to the Kenyam District,” said Kombes Pol Donny .
He continued, “Please note that Paro District to the nearest District takes 4 to 5 days on foot. So far, Paro District can only be accessed by air transportation. With the burning of the plane, the only access is by foot,” explained the Head of Public Relations Unit.
In addition, Kombes Donny explained that the KKB led by Egianus Kogoya had a long track record since 2017, so it was not surprising that the community chose to protect themselves.
“This Armed Criminal Group has committed many crimes and acts of terror against society. In short, there were 65 acts that have been carried out in the period from 2017 to now, including murders, rapes, shootings, destruction of buildings, massacres and many other criminal acts committed by the KKB led by Egianus Kogoya in the Nduga district area,” said Kombes Pol Donny.
This group has massacred civilians three times, including in 2018 the massacre of civilians on June 25 2018, at the Kenyam Airport Complex. In this incident 3 civilians died and 3 people were injured, one of them was a pilot.
Second, on December 2 2018 this group carried out the massacre of employees of PT. Istaka Karya, in this unfortunate incident 17 employees died and 4 people have not been found to date.
Finally, the KKB blindly attacked civilians in Nogolait village, Kenyam District in mid-2022. In that incident, 11 civilians died and 2 people were injured.


