By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Suara News PapuaSuara News PapuaSuara News Papua
Reading: Governor Nawipa Prepares Emergency Team to Handle Shooting Victims in Puncak
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Suara News PapuaSuara News Papua
Font ResizerAa
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
ApresiasiBerita UtamaHeadline News

Governor Nawipa Prepares Emergency Team to Handle Shooting Victims in Puncak

SuaraNews Papua
Last updated: 19 April 2026 11:53
SuaraNews Papua 4 bulan ago
Share
SHARE

Nabire – Central Papua Governor Meki Nawipa has prepared an integrated emergency response team to handle and record civilian victims of shootings in Puncak Regency, as part of an effort to expedite humanitarian response in the region.

“In the next day or two, we will form an integrated emergency response team with the Puncak and Puncak Jaya Regency governments to handle the victims,” ​​Meki said when met at Nabire Airport after visiting the shooting victims on Friday.

He explained that the armed conflict between security forces and the Free Papua Movement (OPM) has resulted in civilian casualties in Puncak Regency, which borders Puncak Jaya Regency.

The provincial government is currently conducting a phased victim data collection, involving various parties, including the Indonesian Red Cross (PMI), to ensure all victims receive treatment.

Logistical support is also being prepared to assist affected communities, including additional emergency tents for evacuees, which are still limited.

In addition to establishing the emergency team, the Central Papua Provincial Government is also ensuring that medical care for the victims is a top priority, including funding for treatment until recovery.

“We have personally visited the victims, including four children who were hit by bullets. The provincial government will cover all medical expenses until they recover; one child has been flown to Jayapura for treatment,” he said.

In addition to medical treatment, his government is also committed to ensuring the education of children affected by the conflict, including those who have lost their parents.

In the long term, the Central Papua Provincial Government is also promoting dialogue and communication as a solution to resolving the armed conflict in Central Papua.

“We must prioritize communication and a humanistic approach so that we can slowly create peace,” he said.

He also urged that the armed conflict between the Indonesian National Armed Forces (TNI), the Indonesian National Police (Polri) and the Free Papua Movement (OPM) not victimize civilians, especially women and children.

“We condemn imprecise actions, in which children and women become victims,” ​​he said.

Previously, violent incidents in Puncak Regency were marked by conflicting claims between security forces and the OPM.

The TNI stated that three civilians, one woman and two children, were injured in shootings allegedly carried out by the OPM in Sinak District, Puncak Regency on Wednesday (April 15).

The victim was then evacuated with the assistance of Indonesian National Armed Forces (TNI) personnel, health workers, and local residents to receive medical treatment.

The Head of Information for the TNI Habema Operations Command, Lieutenant Colonel Inf. Wirya Arthadiguna, stated that the authorities’ primary focus is the safety of the victim and the investigation into the perpetrators of the shooting.

Meanwhile, the West Papua National Liberation Army (TPNPB) OPM, through an official statement, claimed that Indonesian military forces conducted a military operation on April 13-15, 2026, resulting in civilian casualties and displacement.

The TPNPB also stated that there were nine civilian casualties during the operation and called for an independent investigation and international humanitarian access to the conflict area.

To date, there has been no independent confirmation that can fully verify the claims from both parties regarding the number of casualties or the chronology of events on the ground.

You Might Also Like

Pemerintah Didorong Percepat Pemulihan Pascakonflik di Jayawijaya

Task Force Operation Peace Cartenz Receives 2,500 Packages of Bags and Stationery for Papuan Children

Satgas Operasi Damai Cartenz Terima 2.500 Paket Tas dan Alat Tulis untuk Anak-anak Papua

Jayapura Community Figures Condemn Violent Actions at the Baliem Valley Cultural Festival

Tokoh Masyarakat Jayapura Kecam Aksi Kekerasan di Festival Budaya Lembah Baliem

TAGGED: #kamtibmas, #papua, HUMANIS, KAMTIBMAS, keberhasilan, Papua
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Gubernur Nawipa Siapkan Tim Darurat Tangani Korban Penembakan Di Puncak
Next Article Polres Mimika Dibackup Satgas Damai Cartenz 2026 Berhasil Amankan Pelaku Pembunuhan di Timika
© {year} Suaranewspapua.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?