By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Suara News PapuaSuara News PapuaSuara News Papua
Reading: Deputy Speaker of the Papuan People’s Assembly Condemns Shooting of Pilot in Boven Digoel: Unjustifiable
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Suara News PapuaSuara News Papua
Font ResizerAa
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Berita UtamaHAMHukum&KriminalImbauanKAMTIBMASKeamanan dan Ketertiban

Deputy Speaker of the Papuan People’s Assembly Condemns Shooting of Pilot in Boven Digoel: Unjustifiable

SuaraNews Papua
Last updated: 16 Februari 2026 12:05
SuaraNews Papua 6 bulan ago
Share
SHARE

Deputy Speaker II of the Papuan People’s Assembly (MRP), Max Ohee, believes that the shooting of the Smart Air pilot and co-pilot in Boven Digoel, South Papua, is unjustifiable from a human rights perspective.

Max stated that his party condemns the shooting of the Smart Air pilot and co-pilot.

“From a human rights perspective, this is an unjustifiable act, and we strongly condemn the actions of the armed criminal group (KKB) who shot the Smart Air pilot and co-pilot,” he said in Jayapura on Saturday (February 14, 2026).

He also condemned the shooting of a water tanker driver in Yahukimo Regency on Wednesday (February 11, 2026) and a member of the Indonesian National Armed Forces (TNI) in Mimika Regency, which resulted in the death of one member on Thursday (February 12, 2026).

“This is a serious violation of humanitarian values,” he said, as quoted by Antara.

According to him, the presence of security forces and airlines in this region is to serve the public in areas that are still difficult to access.

“So, they are not actually the enemy. Therefore, the shootings by the armed criminal group (KKB) against civilians and security forces are inhumane,” he said.

Max also expressed support for the security forces in protecting the public and urged the public to maintain security.

As previously reported, the Head of the Public Relations Task Force for the Cartensz 2026 Peaceful Operation, Senior Commissioner Yusuf Sutejo, stated that his team had identified the perpetrators.

They are the armed criminal groups Cannibal Battalion and Red Ant Battalion.

“So, we have identified their group as the group led by Elkius Kobak from the Cannibal Battalion and Red Ant Battalion,” he said in a Kompas Petang dialogue on Kompas TV, Saturday (February 14, 2026).

Despite identifying the perpetrators, there are obstacles in pursuing them, namely the geographical factors in the area.

“But our obstacle in carrying out this pursuit is the geographical factor, where the Korowai area is a very remote area, so it requires special skills and patience for us to be able to identify the perpetrators, because there are approximately 20 perpetrators,” he said.

You Might Also Like

Task Force Operation Peace Cartenz 2026 Responds to Shooting Incident Near Asologaima Police Station

Satgas Kepolisian Operasi Damai Cartenz Respons Gangguan Tembakan di Polsek Asologaima, Situasi Kembali Aman

Putri Papua Dipercaya Membawa Baki pada Upacara Penurunan Bendera HUT ke-81 RI di Istana Merdeka

Pemprov Papua Tengah Perluas Perlindungan Kesehatan, 50 Ribu Warga Terdaftar JKN

Pemerintah Didorong Percepat Pemulihan Pascakonflik di Jayawijaya

TAGGED: KAMTIBMAS, kkb, opsdamaicartenz, Papua
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Wakil Ketua Majelis Rakyat Papua Kecam Penembakan Pilot di Boven Digoel: Tidak Bisa Dibenarkan
Next Article Enam Gubernur se-Tanah Papua Sepakati Kolaborasi Pembangunan
© {year} Suaranewspapua.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?