By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Suara News PapuaSuara News PapuaSuara News Papua
Reading: Task Force Operation Peace Cartenz 2025 Hunts Prisoner Escape in Wamena
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Suara News PapuaSuara News Papua
Font ResizerAa
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Hukum&Kriminal

Task Force Operation Peace Cartenz 2025 Hunts Prisoner Escape in Wamena

SuaraNews Papua
Last updated: 26 Februari 2025 20:46
SuaraNews Papua 1 tahun ago
Share
SHARE

Wamena – The Cartenz-2025 Peace Operation Task Force is conducting an intensive pursuit of six prisoners who escaped from the Wamena Class IIB Correctional Institution (Lapas) on Tuesday, February 25, 2025. One of the escapees was Penihas Heluka aka Kopi Tua Heluka, who named himself the Operation Commander and Commander of the Yamue Kodap XVI Yahukimo Battalion.

Head of Peace Operation Cartenz-2025, Brigadier General Pol. Dr. Faizal Ramadhani, S.Sos., S.I.K., M.H. accompanied by Wakaops Damai Cartenz 2024 Kombes. Police. Adarma Sinaga, S.I.K., M.Hum. emphasized that his party will not give space to armed criminal groups (KKB) and will continue to hunt down the fugitives until they are caught.

“We are committed to maintaining peace and providing a sense of security for the community. We will continue to intensify the pursuit of these escaped prisoners,” said Brigadier General Pol. Faizal

Meanwhile, the Head of Public Relations Operation Peace Cartenz, Chief Commissioner of police Yusuf Sutejo, S.I.K., M.T., appealed to the public to remain calm and vigilant.

“We invite the public to play an active role in keeping the situation conducive and immediately report to the security forces if they know information regarding the whereabouts of the escapees,” said Chief Commissioner of Police Yusuf.

This escape incident began at 15.00 WIT, when the prisoners got time to do activities in the area inside the Wamena Class IIB Prison field. Around 15.09 WIT, in the middle of heavy rain, seven prisoners broke through the first fence on the left side of the prison using cutting pliers, then escaped by climbing the second fence using a one-meter long rope tied to a barbed wire. One of the seven prisoners was successfully secured by prison officers, while the other six managed to escape.

Penihas Heluka, one of the escapees, was previously arrested on May 19, 2023 by the Gakkum Operation Peace Cartenz Task Force for his involvement in a series of criminal acts, including the murder of security forces. He was sentenced to 13 years in prison on February 7, 2024 and only served a year of detention before escaping.

The Operation Peace Cartenz 2025 Task Force is working together with the Prison and the local police to conduct further investigations related to this incident and ensure that the escapees are immediately caught to maintain security and order in the Wamena area and its surroundings.

You Might Also Like

Jayapura Community Figures Condemn Violent Actions at the Baliem Valley Cultural Festival

Tokoh Masyarakat Jayapura Kecam Aksi Kekerasan di Festival Budaya Lembah Baliem

Kecam Pembunuhan Warga Sipil di Yahukimo, Tokoh Papua Serukan Perlindungan Warga Sipil dan Penegakan Hukum

Sejarah Mengajarkan Persatuan, Bukan Kekerasan: Saatnya Papua Menolak Aksi Balasan dan Mengedepankan Penyelesaian Berdasarkan Hukum

Satgas Operasi Damai Cartenz Limpahkan Dua Tersangka Kasus Pembunuhan dan Penembakan ke Kejaksaan Negeri Jayawijaya

Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Task Force Operation Peace Cartenz-2025 hold Dialogical Patrol in Oksibil to Strengthen Relations with Residents
Next Article Jalin Sinergitas, Kasatgas Humas Operasi Damai Cartenz-2025 Kunjungi Pos Pamtas Yonif 512 di Oksibil
© {year} Suaranewspapua.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?