By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Suara News PapuaSuara News PapuaSuara News Papua
Reading: Papua Police Chief Suspects Elkius Kobak’s KKB as the perpetrator of the shooting of the Dandim in Yahukimo
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Suara News PapuaSuara News Papua
Font ResizerAa
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Hukum&Kriminal

Papua Police Chief Suspects Elkius Kobak’s KKB as the perpetrator of the shooting of the Dandim in Yahukimo

SuaraNews Papua
Last updated: 5 Maret 2023 16:40
SuaraNews Papua 3 tahun ago
Share
SHARE

Jayapura – Papua Regional Police Chief (Kapolda) Inspector General Mathius D Fahiri suspects the perpetrator of the shooting of Dandim 1715/Yahukimo Lt. Col. Inf J.V. Tethool is the Armed Criminal Group (KKB) led by Elkius Kobak.

The shooting incident occurred on Wednesday (1/3/2023), which resulted in the death of one TNI soldier, Pratu LW.

While Dandim 1715/Yahukimo Lt. Col. Inf J.V. Tethool, Private NS, and Sertu RS suffered gunshot wounds.

“While we strongly suspect that this is Elkius Kobak’s group, which is a new frontman, but this is a break from the old group,” said Fakhiri in Jayapura, Saturday (4/3/2023).

According to him, the Elkius Kobak group was a splinter from another group in Yahukimo which was no longer active, especially after two KKB figures, namely Senat Sol and Temianus Magayang, died.

Fakhiri also added that gunfire occurred again on Thursday (2/3/2023) afternoon when the Yahukimo Police and the Cartenz Damai Task Force were about to conduct a crime scene (TKP) investigation.

“While conducting the TKP investigation, there was gunfire between the Cartenz Peace Task Force and the KKB,” he said.

He believed that a member of the KKB was shot during the gun battle because bloodstains were found during the search.

“This has become the concern of the Carstensz Peace Task Force to immediately take firm steps in taking action,” he said.

Fahiri also wants security disturbances in Yahukimo to be resolved immediately because the area is already conducive after previously frequent armed actions.

“I hope that the incident in Yahukimo will not be repeated because in recent times this area has been quite conducive. I ask the security forces to increase their preparedness to anticipate other incidents occurring in Yahukimo,” concluded Fahiri.

You Might Also Like

Jayapura Community Figures Condemn Violent Actions at the Baliem Valley Cultural Festival

Tokoh Masyarakat Jayapura Kecam Aksi Kekerasan di Festival Budaya Lembah Baliem

Kecam Pembunuhan Warga Sipil di Yahukimo, Tokoh Papua Serukan Perlindungan Warga Sipil dan Penegakan Hukum

Sejarah Mengajarkan Persatuan, Bukan Kekerasan: Saatnya Papua Menolak Aksi Balasan dan Mengedepankan Penyelesaian Berdasarkan Hukum

Satgas Operasi Damai Cartenz Limpahkan Dua Tersangka Kasus Pembunuhan dan Penembakan ke Kejaksaan Negeri Jayawijaya

TAGGED: Papua Police Chief Suspects Elkius Kobak's KKB as the perpetrator of the shooting of the Dandim in Yahukimo
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Inspector General Mathius Faakhiri: We will continue to make efforts to free hostages from the KKB
Next Article Polisi Sita Delapan HT Milik Simpatisan KKB
© {year} Suaranewspapua.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?